Now that I've learned how to add labels I'm going back into all of my Things & adding them. It will be easier to see what the topics are. I'm a cataloguer so I'm used to structured subject headings. I can see the value of tagging or labels though; you can use any tag that makes sense to you--not subject headings that LC or Sears have made up. On the other hand, if there's no consistence to the tags you'll end up with a whole bunch of tags that aren't organized or won't retrieve what they are meant to retrieve. Maybe there's room for both methods of organizing. Following labels others have used will bring up useful sites or will overwhelm you with tmi--too much information.
I can see using del.icio.us often--I work at several computers during the day & am constantly missing my bookmarks when I'm not on my main computer. With del.icio.us I'll be able to access them anywhere. I've signed up for a del.icio.us account & am going to start using it immediately. Glad I found out about this site.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't you love when you find something new that you can actually use?
Post a Comment